Marine Ply : IS 710
(BWP Grade – Boiling Water Proof Plywood)
BWP Grade Plywood is made by fusing Gurjan Core & Lucknow Eucalyptus core fastened with special quality Phenyl resin under high pressure and temperature. High quality preservatives are used in vacuum pressure impregnation technique (VPT) to prevent the attacks of all types of micro organisms. It can withstand extremely severe weather conditions. It is tested by immersing in boiling water for 72 hrs continuously (as per IS 710 standards) .
This is a special application product which is used in applications which demand high resistance in unfavourable weather conditions, like kitchens, bathrooms and exterior applications like shuttering, vehicle bodies, railway coaches, boats, advertisement hoardings, outdoor stalls etc.
- It is an exterior grade plywood, that can be used for indoor, outdoor use.
- BWP is a waterproof plywood. It can resist water better than the Interior grade MR (Moisture resistant) Plywood & BWR Grade plywood.
- Phenyl resins are used for making.This is what gives the plywood its waterproofing qualities.
- BWP grade Plywood is commonly used for meeting those high-end furniture requirements in the home. For furniture, wardrobes panelling etc.., BWP grade is the preferred choice of plywood.
- The Indian Standards specification number for BWP grade Plywood is IS:710.
- Kitchen Cabinets
- Marine & river vessels
- Storage Tanks
- Bus & heavy vehicle body building